Archived — Strategic Aerospace and Defence Initiative (SADI) Repayment Status Report
May 1, 2013
The Strategic Aerospace and Defence Initiative (SADI) provides repayable contributions for innovative research and development (R&D) projects in the Canadian aerospace, defence, space and security industries. The Industrial Technologies Office (ITO) publishes a semi-annual status report on repayments to enhance transparency.
SADI projects are long-term, commencing with an R&D phase (typically five years), followed by a repayment phase (typically 15 years). Repayments are conditional or unconditional according to the terms of the company's contribution agreement.
SADI Program Highlights:
- Total number of active projects: 26
- Projects in the R&D phase (repayments are not yet due): 23
- Projects in the repayment phase: 3
- Total authorized assistance for all projects: $890 million
- Total disbursements to date: $517.8 million
- Total cumulative repayments collected to date: $6.4 million
Please refer to the Explanatory Notes at the end of the following table for more information.
|Net Expenditures ($)||Repayments ($)|
A: indicates that repayments are not yet due on the company's project(s).
|26-Jul-2010||2154331 CANADA INC||18,570,000||5,518,889||0|
|25-Oct-2010||ASCO Aerospace Canada Ltd.||7,688,288||A|
|05-Aug-2009||Axys Technologies Inc.||1,836,900||A|
|08-Oct-2009||BelAir Networks Inc.||9,690,706||3,713,325||6,126,986|
|13-Jan-2009||CMC Electronics Inc.||52,287,784||A|
|10-Jan-2008||Diamond D-Jet Corporation(DDJ)||19,600,000||A|
|25-Aug-2010||D-Ta Systems Inc.||1,790,140||A|
|03-Mar-2009||EMS Technologies Canada, Ltd.||8,718,634||A|
|06-Dec-2012||Engineering Services Inc.||778,800||A|
|22-Feb-2011||FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd.||1,967,507||A|
|02-Sep-2008||Héroux Devtek Inc.||26,964,430||A|
|21-Feb-2013||Héroux Devtek Inc.||48,957,693||A|
|27-Aug-2008||Integran Technologies Inc.||4,596,000||4,596,000||A|
|24-Mar-2010||Integran Technologies Inc.||276,284||276,284||A|
|24-Mar-2010||Integran Technologies Inc.||807,399||A|
|15-Mar-2012||Integran Technologies Inc.||399,386||A|
|23-Feb-2010||Kongsberg Mesotech Ltd.||4,968,000||A|
|01-Sep-2008||Magellan Aerospace Limited||43,391,600||A|
|30-Oct-2012||NGRAIN (Canada) Corporation||9,500,000||A|
|05-Sep-2008||Norsat International Inc.||5,975,200||A|
|28-Mar-2013||Norsat International Inc.||13,270,265||A|
|12-Aug-2009||PCI Geomatics Enterprises Incorporated||7,665,000||A|
|10-Dec-2010||Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp.||300,000,000||A|
|27-Mar-2009||SkyWave Mobile Communications Inc.||3,127,200||3,127,200||281,448|
|23-Dec-2010||Thales Canada Inc.||12,988,800||A|
|22-Mar-2011||Ultra Electronics TCS Inc.||32,447,400||A|
- Contribution Date: is the date that a company signed its contribution agreement.
- Company: is the name of the legal entity which currently has a SADI contribution agreement.
- Authorized Assistance: represents the maximum amount contracted at the time of the initial contribution agreement. As the R&D progresses and a project reaches its conclusion the final disbursed amount could be lower.
- Net Expenditures: represents the total amounts disbursed toward projects that have completed their R&D phase, net of any recoveries. Amounts are not provided until completion of the R&D phase to protect commercial confidentiality.
- Repayments: The SADI program provides repayable contributions as opposed to grants or loans. Repayments are based on the recipient's gross business revenue or are unconditional, and usually begin one year after the completion of the SADI project's R&D phase. Repayment periods are normally 15 years after the completion of the project.
- Date modified: